What you can store at Shurgard Self-Storage
Because people use our storage units for personal and business reasons, we welcome a very wide range of items.
- electrical equipment
- white goods
- books, CDs, DVDs
- office equipment
- sports equipment
- archives and files
- merchandise and stock
- things only used at certain times of the year, such as Christmas decorations, skis, garden furniture or inflatable boats
Find out what sized unit you’d need for your belongings
We can give you advice on how to store your items so they stay in the best condition.
Have a look at our self-storage tips
What you can’t store
For your safety, the safety of other tenants and the whole facility, there are some things you cannot store.
You’ll find the full list in article 2.9 of our Terms and Conditions, but as a rule of thumb, it mainly comes down to common sense. A few examples of what you cannot store (not exhaustive):
- explosive, flammable, toxic, corrosive, environmentally hazardous, chemical and other hazardous materials that can cause serious damage if spilled or opened
- food and other perishables or anything that can cause mould, bacteria or infestations
- waste and all possible waste materials
- anything stolen or illegal such as drugs, firearms and explosives
And please never be tempted to use your unit for professional purposes or accommodation – even for the odd night.
We detected a slow network and loaded a static map.
Tap here to enable the interactive map.