Why rent a storage unit in Copenhagen?
A storage unit in Copenhagen comes in handy in many situations.
Self storage for when you just need some extra space
Living in Copenhagen, a storage unit is ideal to store items such as:
- Seasonal clothing
- Sports equipment
- Toys and collectibles
- Garden furniture
- Holiday stuff
More on self storage for decluttering
Self storage during a house move
A storage unit can be a life saver if you’re moving house.
- Create an impression of more space and sell your property more quickly or at a better price.
- Temporarily store your belongings in a storage unit when you’re in between houses.
- Take time to pack and unpack at your own pace.
- Keep your belongings safe while abroad without inconveniencing friends or family.
More on moving house self storage
Self storage during a home renovation
A storage unit is a safe place to keep your stuff while the work gets done.
- Keep your belongings clean and safe from getting damaged.
- Move furniture out of the way and get the work done more quickly.
- Have space to live so you won’t be surrounded by things removed from rooms being worked on.
- If the builders aren’t ready for the materials you’ve ordered, store them until they are.
More on self storage for renovation
Self storage for students
Store your stuff in one of our affordable lockers or small storage units in Copenhagen. This is when self storage can come in handy.
- Moving into a tiny room? A storage unit near your campus can be the perfect extension!
- If you have more stuff than at the beginning at the year, we’re there for you!
- Enjoying new hobbies? Simply keep that mountain bike or canoe in storage.
- If you’re worried about security in a shared house, keeping some things in storage can be reassuring.
Going home for the summer? No need to move your belongings out of your room every year.
More on self storage for student
Self storage for businesses
A storage unit in Copenhagen can help your business run more smoothly and efficiently. Here are what you can store with us:
- Tools and equipment
- Business stock
More on business self storage
How do I rent self storage in Copenhagen?
Step 1. Search for storage near you
We have 8 self storage facilities in Copenhagen, so you can always find one near you! Enter your postcode or location in the search box below or select a facility.
Step 2. Pick your storage unit size
Time to select your storage unit! Our storage units range in size from 10 to 30 square metres and are approximately 3 metres high. The storage unit size you need will depend on how much you have to store.
Step 3. Reserve or rent your storage unit
To secure the prices and promotions of your storage unit, you can reserve online. Free and without any obligation to rent! You can complete the rental of your storage unit online – it only takes a few minutes and you can skip the paperwork on your move in day.
How much does a storage unit in Copenhagen cost?
The price you pay for your storage unit depends on a number of factors:
The storage unit size you need
Prices for larger units are higher, so it’s important to find a storage unit that matches your needs. We have storage unit sizes up to 30 square metres. The larger the storage unit, the cheaper the square metre.
The location of your storage facility
The closer you are to Copenhagen Centre, the higher the storage prices will be. If you don’t need regular access to your unit, consider a location further away from the centre of Copenhagen for cheaper storage prices.
The replacement value of your stored items
Most storage providers require you to take out an insurance policy for your belongings whilst in storage. The cost of goods coverage will depend on the replacement value of your stored goods.
More on self storage prices
Why Shurgard is great if you need a storage unit in Copenhagen
- Competitive prices – our self storage units are cheaper than most of our competitors. In many cases, you can even enjoy our 1 kr first month offer*.
- Any size, any budget – with storage units ranging from 10 to 30 square metres, you can always find the perfect unit size for your needs.
- Convenient locations - our self storage facilities are located close to main roads and with convenient access to public transport.
- Our storage units are dry and clean – this is essential to keep your belongings in optimal conditions.
- Get to your stuff when you need it – you can visit your storage unit 7 days a week, 365 days a year*.
- Safe and secure – only you have access to your storage unit, you get your own personal access code, your own lock and key, plus all our facilities have CCTV.
- Flexibility – our storage units are available to rent as from one week to as long as you may need.
- Easy loading and unloading – drive up to your storage unit, use our loading bays and trolleys to move your belongings in or out.
- No deposit – unlike other self storage providers, we don’t charge deposits.
- Free online reservation – you can easily reserve your storage unit online without any obligation to rent.
Online rental – you can rent your storage unit online. It’s safe, easy and you can head straight to your storage unit on the day you move in.
- Help from self storage experts – our store managers can advise you on the storage unit size you’ll need and on how to best store your belongings.